The long-awaited return of our loving romp through Jane Austen’s work!
The Complete Works of Jane Austen, Abridged
IN PERSON: Thursday, June 9 – Sunday, June 26, 2022
Wednesday – Saturday at 6:30PM
Sunday matinees at 3:00PM
DIGITAL ONLY: Wednesday, June 29 – Sunday, July 17, 2022
On-demand for one-time stream
$25 – $35 per ticket
By Jessica Bedford, Kathryn MacMillan, Charlotte Northeast, & Meghan Winch
Directed by Kathryn MacMillan
Featuring Charlotte Northeast, Brittany Onukwugha, and Trevor William Fayle
NEW VENUE: Louis Bluver Theatre at the Drake (302 S. Hicks St., Philadelphia)
It’s the promised—and long-awaited—return of The Complete Works of Jane Austen, Abridged, now at a new venue with an all-new production! Join us for this return engagement of the smash hit comedy, which critics have called “a delight,” “an affectionate tribute,” and a “delicate negotiation between homage and parody” with “incredible” performers.
Come along for a fun, funny, and fast-paced romp through the masterpieces of Jane Austen with The Complete Works of Jane Austen, Abridged. Three nimble actors take on all of Austen’s beloved heroines, friends, and love interests—and her incisive social satire—in just 80 minutes. Join us in person or online and fall in love with Emma, Elinor, Mr. Darcy, and more, as brought to life by some of Philadelphia’s favorite performers. It is a truth universally acknowledged that an audience in possession of high spirits must be in want of a ticket to this big-hearted comedy that will delight Janeites and newcomers alike.
Seats in the first two rows will be reserved and will be assigned in the order in which reservations are received. The remainder of the house is will be general admission seating.
- To protect our audiences and artists, proof of vaccination will be required at time of entry, including a booster for anyone who had their second shot before January 2022 – please bring your vaccine card or a clear picture of it and your ID.
- The audience capacity is limited.
- Masks will be required for all patrons in all areas of the building.
- The Louis Bluver Theatre at the Drake offers an improved HVAC system that well exceeds recommended guidelines in air exchange cycles and filtration.
- We will have a COVID-19 compliance officer on site to ensure we meet the highest standards of safety and cleanliness.
- If you are feeling unwell, or if you have come into close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19, please stay home for your health and that of our audiences and performers. Contact us for an exchange or refund.
- As the pandemic continues to evolve, we are closely monitoring all updates, and our policies may evolve accordingly. We will share any updates about policy or procedure here, and will notify attendees via email.
While we love sharing a drink and a snack with you, because this performance is indoors masking will be required for all patrons in the building throughout the event. In lieu of a pre-show pie and pint, every patron for the in-person production will go home with a treat to enjoy after the show!
Louis Bluver Theatre at the Drake
302 S Hicks St
Philadelphia, PA 19102
Our new venue offers wheelchair accessibility and an improved HVAC system that well exceeds recommended guidelines in air exchange cycles and filtration. Please contact us if you are in need of accessible seating.
Never Miss a Beat: