Our full production in residence at the Drake
Meet Murasaki Shikibu Followed by Book Signing, and Other Things
June 7 – June 18, 2023
Louis Bluver Theater at the Drake
$25 per ticket
By Julia Izumi
Directed by Cat Ramirez
Tonight we welcome Japanese author Murasaki Shikibu to kick off the book launch of her novel The Tale of Genji, one of the first novels ever written. Like, in the whole world. Granted, our event is over 1,000 years late, but Lady Murasaki is ready to make up for lost time. If you’re lucky, she might even talk about the book. Meet Murasaki Shikibu Followed by Book Signing, and Other Things is a playful, explosively theatrical play about rediscovered cultural identity and the uncomfortable heat of the American melting pot.
Each in-person ticket includes the show, a beverage, and a snack.
The Bluver Theatre at the Drake offers wheelchair accessibility, an ADA-compliant restroom, and an improved HVAC system that well exceeds recommended guidelines in air exchange cycles and filtration. Please let us know in the provided space when purchasing tickets if you are in need of accessible seating.
- To protect our audiences and artists, proof of full vaccination will be required at time of entry, including one booster for those eligible to receive one. Please bring your vaccine card or a clear picture of it and your ID.
- We will have a COVID-19 compliance officer on site to ensure we meet the highest standards of safety and cleanliness.
- Per CDC guidelines regarding events in areas with high transmission, as Philadelphia is experiencing, we are currently requiring that masks be worn at all times in the building when not eating or drinking; if conditions change, the masking requirement may be relaxed. Thank you for helping us keep everyone safe.
- The Louis Bluver Theatre at the Drake offers an improved HVAC system that well exceeds recommended guidelines in air exchange cycles and filtration.
- Capacity will be limited.
- If you are feeling at all unwell, have come into close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19, or are uncomfortable joining us in person, please stay home for your health and that of our audiences and performers. Contact us for an exchange or refund.
- As the pandemic continues to evolve, we are closely monitoring all updates, and our policies may evolve accordingly. We will share any updates about policy or procedure here, and will notify attendees via email.
Louis Bluver Theatre at the Drake
302 S Hicks St
Philadelphia, PA 19102
Our new venue offers wheelchair accessibility and an improved HVAC system that well exceeds recommended guidelines in air exchange cycles and filtration. Please contact us if you are in need of accessible seating.
Never Miss a Beat: